Familes of Flight 370 Forced out of their Hotel for Ferrari F1 Team

No-Vacancy-graphic-1024x487

The grief stricken families waiting for news of their loved one on Flight 370 have been forced out of their hotel on Friday.  Their rooms had been booked months in advance buy the Ferrari Formula One team for the upcoming Malaysian Grand Prix.

Bernie Eccleston, F1 Chief, confirmed to NBC News that the block of rooms at the Cyberview Hotel in Kuala Lumpur were being taken by the Ferrari team.  “I feel terribly, terribly sorry for these people,” he said. “But it is up to the hotel. What would happen if you told somebody that they no longer had a booking? You would get sued, I’d imagine.”

Ferrari has yet to release a statement.

More than 3,000 team members, support staff and media travel to each Grand Prix race – this does not include the huge number of fans that are filling hotels in advance of the March 30th race.

Malaysian Airlines has transferred the families to another hotel – but it is about 30 miles from the headquarters that is heading up the search for the missing plane and providing updates to the relatives who are desperate for answers.

Comments are closed.