Guitar Smashing, Cry baby Kyle Bush in the number #18 missed the chase – only separated by 8 points from Greg Biffle . Now there is an argument to be made that someone with that many wins should be in the Chase – and I am not sure I totally disagree…. but that is NASCAR’s issue to deal with.
Richmond is my second favorite short track – it would blaspheme for me not claim Bristol as the all time fav – but more on my Bristol Banking thoughts in another post – Richmond truly is the “super-speedway” of the short tracks; 2 and 3 wide, good pits, and lots of tradition. I hope they keep Richmond as the Chase Deciding Track.
It was excited to see Mark Martin on the pole – what a season the #5 has had – will the Cinderella story continue through Homestead giving Martin his first Cup Championship?? I am betting no, but it does sound like a good script for a sequel – the return of Cole Trickle?
- Lil’ Hottie Joey Logano finshed as the top rookie in 14th place – I was always afraid that he would start to get uglier as he aged – but he’s staying cute for now.
- Denny Hamlin for the win!
- Juan Pablo Montoya – come one people; all the haters saying the open wheelers could not compete – 3 seasons worth of “practice” and your in the chase……
- Brian Vickers – thanks for keeping Kyle out
- Carl Edwards – even on a broken foot – nice work! ….now take of your shirt more often please!
- uber Hottie Kasey Kahne nice top 15 finish and you looked damn fine doing it